Private lessons are the next step for skaters looking to take their skating to the next level. Whether you are a Learn to Skater looking for a booster lesson on free time to pass a challenging badge level, a hockey player preparing for try outs, or an aspiring figure skater with dreams of competing; individual, focused time with a qualified coach can be the key to achieving your goals.
Learn to Skate and Rising Stars Free Time booster lesson cost:
- USFS Insurance and ice time included.
- Coach’s fee paid directly to coach. Rates vary based on experience from $5/15 min for a junior coach to $18/15 min for a senior coach.
Costs associated with private lessons outside of Learn to Skate Free Time:
- $25 annual USFS Insurance valid from June 30th to July 1st
- Ice Fee – $20/hour
- Coach’s fee paid directly to coach.
- Rates vary based on experience from $5/15 min for a junior coach to $18/15 min for a senior coach.
When are lessons available?
- Ice Calendars
- All sessions labeled “Mixed” are available for private lessons.
Where are lessons available?
- Skate Great provides ice year-round at Holiday Twin Rinks in Cheektowaga and Leisure Rinks in West Seneca.
- Seasonal locations include Hamburg Town Arena.
- Learn to Skate booster lessons available seasonally at Canalside and East Aurora during the free time at the end of the group lesson.
How long are lessons?
- Lessons are given in 15 min increments with 15 and 30 minutes being the most common lengths.
Please fill out the following questionnaire so that we can assist in connecting you with the right coach.